“The weekend of everything that flies” has officially started.
Now in its 22nd year, the annual spectacular will showcase different skydive exhibitions, paramotor exhibitions, Wingwalker’s Aerosuperbatics, and the much-awaited Hare & Hound Balloon Flight.
Spectators can look forward to 25 special shape balloons on top of the regular mainstays of the balloon fiesta.
The 4-day event also features different bazaars and food concessionaire on the ground.
Here are a few tips you need to know if you’re planning to head at the 22nd International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta this weekend.
- Be there as early as 4AM – 5AM. The festival grounds will close at 8:00 PM.
- The first balloon flight will start at around 5:30 to 6:00 AM.
- The night glow starts at 5:00 PM. However, the exhibition depends on the current wind condition. If the wind is strong, there are chances that the night glow will be canceled.
- The venue is an open area. There are canopies but it is advisable to bring something you can use as a shade because it’ll be sunny (and hot) in the festival grounds. For more information about what are the things allowable and prohibited inside the venue, please click here:
- Do not forget to wear comfortable clothes, sunnies, sunblock, and hats.
- Lastly, take lots of photos! The official hashtag s for the balloon fiesta is #PIHABF22 #WatchTheSkies.
- P500.00 – General Admission. Children below 3 feet are allowed to enter for free.
- P6,000.00 – VIP (with VIP lounge and access to the launch area)
- $350.00 – Hot Air Balloon Ride/person (exclusive of entrance ticket)
- $400.00 – Tandem Skydiving
- $150.00 – Airplane Discovery Flights
- $150.00 – Tandem Paragliding
- PWD and Senior Citizen discounts are available
HOW TO GET TO CLARK:
Public transportation: Take a bus with a route going to the North (Baguio, Laoag, La Union, Dagupan, etc). Alight from the bus terminal in Dau. From Dau bus terminal, look for the jeepney bound to Clark main gate. From the main gate terminal, there will be a lot of jeepneys with routes passing by the festival venue. Jeepney fare is around P10.00.
By private vehicle: From NLEX, take DAU exit. From Dau, turn left towards Mac Arthur Hiway, then turn right going to Clark on the first roundabout. Drive straight to Omni Aviation (a few meters away from the first stop light inside Clark).
By air: If you are flying in from the Clark International Airport, shuttle jeepneys heading to Clark Main Gate are available and will pass by the festival venue. Taxi’s are also available from the airport.